Coconut water is one of the best things which we people take during the summer seasons mostly. It hydrates us and keeps health from the shining sun. In the same way, can our dog also drink coconut water and be healthy.
We should think once before giving coconut water to the dog, can dogs drink coconut water or not. It is always advisable to check whether our dogs can eat or drink any item which you are going to feed. Coming to coconut water for dogs. It is our duty to check before giving to our dog.
So in this article, We have covered all the information about the coconut water for dogs. Can you give coconut water or not? All the answers for doubts about coconut and dogs will be cleared from this article. Keep reading..
Can Dogs Drink Coconut Water?
The Answer for Can Dogs Drink Coconut Water is Yes. While there is no substitute for water, coconut water can be a good gift for your dog. It is full of electrolytes that can help keep your dog hydrated and even give them an energy boost. As it is full of nutrients such as potassium, calcium and vitamin C.
Is Coconut Water Good for Dogs?
Yes, coconut water is good for dogs. The good thing is that the Coconut is a fruit and its water is great for dogs but do not give it so much. Because if it would gain many calories. Give it but not much.
How to Give Coconut Water for Dogs?
Coconut water should be introduced gradually into your dog’s diet to see how your dog’s system reacts. A few ounces per day as a gift or to help keep your dog hydrated on hot days is all your dog need. Some coconut water with ice cubes can also be a great reward when you train.
Keep in mind that coconut water is rich in carbohydrates, so you should not overdo it. Also, make sure that the coconut water you are giving your dog is natural without additives such as sugar.
Benefits of Coconut Water for your Dog
For some time now, coconut water has become fashionable because of the benefits it offers but is it only good for humans or can it be good for your dog? As we already seen the answer above, let me tell you again Coconut water is good for dogs but you should give in moderation only.
The advantages or benefits of taking coconut water are the following:
- It is a totally natural drink low in calories and free of fat.
- Due to its high electrolyte content, it is an excellent moisturizer.
- It is low in sodium and free of cholesterol.
- Has more potassium than four bananas or a sports drink.
- It has fewer sugars than a sports drink, a soft drink or juice.
Fortunately, your dog can also benefit from taking coconut water, as it is completely healthy for them.
Tips Take Care on Coconut Water for Dogs
You just have to take these points into account so that this practice does not harm your dog :
- Always look for coconut water completely natural. Because those that sell flavors have added sugars that will make your dog bad (This is for us as well. Take natural coconut water only).
- Although it is an excellent drink, you should not abuse it, as it is not calorie free. A serving of 325 milliliters has about 60 calories. Therefore, if taken several times a day, calories would increase considerably.
- For this reason, it is better than you see it as a “liquid prize” for your dog instead of a substitute for natural water.
- Be very careful not to confuse the coconut water (which is completely transparent and is obtained from the inside of the coconut) with coconut milk (which is a white and thick liquid that is obtained from the pulp of the coconut).
- Remember that coconut milk is very high in calories and fat and therefore, is not recommended for dogs.
In any case, we recommend that if you have doubts about this topic, consult your trusted veterinarian.
- Are almonds bad for dogs
- When do dogs stop growing
- Is beer bad for dogs
- Types of insulin for dogs
- Can you give dogs ibuprofen
FAQ on Can Dogs Drinks Coconut Water
1) What kind of coconut water can I give my dog?
Give Fresh or Natural Coconut Water for Dogs. They are the best and good for dogs.
2) What else can a dog drink besides water?
Dogs Can Drink most of the fruit juices but coconut water would be the best replacement for water. But keep in mind that Coconut water cannot be given daily. It might be a problem for dogs as well.
Hence, you have got all the information about can dogs drink coconut water or not. We have provided benefits of coconut water to dogs and many more things. We hope you have got all the information on Coconut water and dogs. Feel free to ask your questions in the comment box below. We will try to solve your questions. Share the article and like us on social media networks. Stay tuned to dogsfud for more articles.