Homemade Food Recipes for Dogs: Want to Learn How to prepare your dog’s food at home? Don’t worry we will show you some best recipes for a dog which you can do at home. There are dogs with food allergies that are difficult to feed conventionally prepared food. But also, there are owners who prefer to feed their best friend with quality ingredients betting for a nutritious and healthy diet that gives the dogs what really they need.
How we want to highlight and how important it is to consult a veterinarian before starting to feed the dog yourself. Because your dog will need a special diet with specific vitamins and minerals as well as quantities that vary according to race and weight.
But if you have already talked to him and you want to start feeding him. Here we leave you some of the best homemade recipes for dogs with which your dog will be perfectly nourished. Continue Reading and know the recipes.
Homemade Dog Food Recipes Vet Approved
The first thing you need to know is that it is essential to consult the veterinarian before starting to feed your dog with your own means. Why Because he will be in charge of indicating the adequate proportions of each food. The quantities and giving us specific recommendations according to the characteristics of our dog. How important it is to ask for advice before modifying the dog’s diet since we could seriously harm his health.
You should know that our best friends should take all food groups ie carbohydrates, proteins, good fats, fruits, and vegetables to enjoy a healthy and balanced diet. We have to avoid feeding them more fatty or prepared foods. Because they are rich in preservatives and toxins that your dog body may not be ready to clean. Therefore no burgers or sausages and yes pieces of meat such as chicken, turkey or beef. In this sense, you must also know the toxic foods for dogs, so never use them in your recipes.
You should also bear in mind that, normally homemade dog food is not usually complete because these dogs need a series of nutritional supplements that feed already comes with them (especially vitamin B12). For this reason, it is important to ask the veterinarian for a recommendation that will indicate the supplements your dog needs to be at optimal levels.
Rice with Chicken for Your Dog
Within the diet of your dog can not miss carbohydrates (they are the ones that will bring energy and vitality to the dogs) or proteins (they provide muscle mass and strength) for this reason preparing rice with chicken is a very healthy idea. To make this dish you will need:
- White rice (better than whole since excess fiber can cause diarrhea or stomach pains)
- Chicken without skin and without bones (better than chicken breasts without filleting so that thus, the dog encounters stumbling)
- A splash of olive oil
The amounts of these foods as we have said should be supervised by a veterinarian because it will depend on the size, age, and needs of your dog’s breed. So to prepare this homemade recipe for dogs you should follow the steps
- The first thing you have to do is to boil some water with a stream of olive oil
- When it starts to boil, pour the white rice
- It is recommended that you cook without salt because your dog does not need it and can block your dog arteries.
- You should let the rice pass a little because, in this way, it will be easier for the dog to digest it.
- In about 15 minutes approximately, you will be able to separate the rice and strain it to be left alone with the grain.
While the rice is cooking, let’s prepare the chicken. We have already said that it is recommended that they be breasts without filleting. Because in this way, we can cut them into cubes and our dog will find great and delicious stumbles when they are eaten. We can cook the chicken the way we want like grilled (with a splash of oil) or boiled. When everything is ready, simply mix both ingredients and serve it to your dog. He will love it!
Tuna Snacks For Dogs
Tuna is also an optimal food for dogs although keep in mind, that they always prefer the taste of meat more than fish. But anyway, you can prepare these little snacks that will provide interesting nutrients and will be a whole Delight for your Dogs. To prepare this dish you will need:
- Natural tuna cans
- Grated carrot
Now let’s check the preparation process
- We begin to elaborate this recipe by removing the tuna from the can and crushing it with a fork until it is completely crumbled.
- Once ready, you will have to add the eggs, the flour, and the grated carrot.
- We are going to create something similar to a cake so that our dog will notice something consistent and delicious on his palate.
- So if you see that it is getting too thick you can add a little water to thicken it.
When you have the mixture made we will have to place it in a microwave safe source, preheat it to 200ºC and when ready put our recipe down to 180ºC for 15 minutes. That’s it is ready! An easy way for the animal to eat natural fish.
Scrambled Eggs Special for Dogs
Another delicious dish that will delight your best dog is some scrambled eggs with ingredients such as ham and rice. A 100% nutritious dish that will give a great vitamin source to the animal as well as a great flavor. To make this homemade recipe for dogs you will need:
- Low-salt turkey or york ham
- White rice
These are the items which we need. Now let’s see the preparation of this dish for dogs.
- We will start by boiling water without salt with a little rice to provide the carbohydrate part of this dogs dish.
- While the rice is being made, we will take advantage of it and in a frying pan, we will pour a splash of olive oil, when it is hot, we will break the eggs and mix immediately to prevent them from curdling and creating an omelet.
- Add the ham or turkey to the pan and keep mixing until you see that the egg is made.
- Turn off the fire and reserve. When you have the rice ready then strain it and add the grain in the pan again ignite the fire at low temperature to saute all the ingredients and thus, their flavors intermingle.
That’s it your dog dish is Ready! You can serve it to your dog and your dog enjoys it.
- Dog menstruation
- Are raspberries good for dogs
- Are carrots good for dogs
- Dog renal failure when to euthanize
- Are cucumbers good for dogs
Macaroni with veal
Finally, another delicious recipe that your dog will love is to mix the macaroni with veal, a very tasty, energetic dish and the sea of nutrition that will make it in perfect condition. To make this recipe you will have to gather these ingredients:
- Veal meat (can be minced or filleted)
- Pasta (preferably fresh to guarantee the nutritional contribution of it)
- Carrots filleted
- Natural tomato sauce
Those were the items which we need to prepare the dish. Now let’s check the preparation of Macaroni with Veal for dogs now.
- We start with the veal. The first step we have to assess is that it does not have much fat.
- If so, you just have to extract it with the help of a pair of scissors or a knife.
- Once clean, cut it into cubes and pour oil in a pan.
- when it is hot, add the veal and carrot and cook it for about 3 minutes.
- Then add a little water and let it continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- After this time we add a little tomato sauce, stir and let it cook all along for about 10 more minutes
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, we must put water to boil to cook the pasta.
- As soon as we have it ready. We will have to add it to the pan with the veal and the carrot.
- Remove everything and give it to our dog when it has cooled a bit. It will be one of your dog’s favorite dishes!
This is how we should prepare this homemade dish for dogs. It will love it and I’m pretty much these dishes which we explained will be loved by most of the dogs. They enjoy their meal time for sure.
When trying new dishes, your dog will experience an allergic reaction and that is a common condition in dogs that can develop an allergy to a new ingredient that is introduced into their diet. If you detect some of the symptoms of this allergy. We recommend you go to the veterinarian to detect what food has caused this reaction and therefore, avoid using it again.
Hence, These are the best homemade recipes for dogs. You can follow this preparation process and make your dog a special recipe to eat. They will love to eat this food because these are especially for dogs. We hope you like this article and willing to share the article with your friends and other dog owners. Feel free to ask your doubts in the comment box below. Stay tuned to dogsfud for more dog articles.