Can Dogs Eat Mango? If you are like me and love mango over all the fruits in the world, then probably between March and September your favorite season of the year arrives. And, of course, if you also live with a dog (or several) in your home.
Then it is likely that from time to time they like to share something to eat with him, but have you wondered if the mango is a fruit that dogs can and should eat?
You will also like to know about these 10 fruits that you can share with your dog.
Can Dogs Eat Mango?
The answer is yes, dogs can eat the mango. Mangos are fruits with a high content of antioxidants, as they are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and folic acid, among other nutrients.
But as with other foods, there are several recommendations you should follow before your dog eats them.
Things to do Before Feeding Mangos to Your Dogs:
Before giving your dog any fruit or food that is not part of his diet, consult the veterinarian or a canine nutritionist, as he may be allergic or intolerant to something, or have an illness that does not allow him to ingest certain products. He must also consume fruits in small quantities. Because they must be a complement to give him from time to time to cover the shortcomings of his diet, antioxidants for example.
- Remove the skin and bone.
- The first time you give it to try, just give it one or two squares and see how they fall. This, especially to make sure that you do not have allergic reactions.
- If your dog likes mango and is not allergic to it, then you can give it with confidence, but do not abuse, because if you give a lot, then it will give you diarrhea or upset stomach.
- Depending on your size, you can give it, once a day, 1 or 2 mango squares if it is miniature, 2 or 3 squares if it is small size, 3-4 squares if it is medium size, 4-5 if it is big size and 5 -6 if it is giant size.
- Remember that mangoes are high in sugars, so even if you like them a lot, you should not abuse them.
- A good way to give them the mango is to chop it in cubes and freeze it. Especially in this hot season, your dog will adore a rich prize of frozen mango.
Now yes … to enjoy it has been said!
Symptoms Caused by Ingestion of Mango
- Loss of appetite
- Digestive, intestinal disorders
The Benefits of Eating Mango
- Vitamin A
- Vitamins B6
- Vitamin C et E
- Helps to lower cholesterol
- Protects the immune system
- Stabilizes insulin
You can give them as a reward when they do something good, mix them with their food or give them directly cut without anything more. Consult the veterinarian before giving him fruits.
This article is purely informative, while COMPLEMENT does not have the ability to prescribe veterinary treatment or perform diagnostics. We invite you to bring your pet to the veterinarian if he shows genes or a malaise.
If you want to read more articles like What fruits can my dog eat, we recommend you to go through the article.