Home Remedies for Diarrhea in Dogs: Do you want to treat your dog’s diarrhea with natural remedies? Well in this article of Dogsfud.com, we give you some solutions that will help you.
The colitis or diarrhea is a very common ailment in dogs, if there is no underlying medical condition or has not ingested any substances that are toxic, diarrhea can be treated with homemade solutions, and manage liquid animal sufficient to avoid dehydration. Discover the best home remedies for diarrhea to dogs and help your best friend recover as soon as possible.
Steps to follow to Cure Diarrhea in Dogs:
- If your pet is suffering from diarrhea. It is best to fast for at least 12 hours until your stomach has emptied. After this time your stools are still liquid and abundant, you should go to the vet because your dog could have a bacterial infection.
- This is not the case, and your dog stops expelling liquid feces, you could apply the following remedies to combat your state.
- There are several home remedies to treat your dog’s diarrhea. First, there is the active Bifidus, often a low level of intestinal flora can cause your pet to suffer diarrhea, for this, it is best to mix a natural yogurt with active Bifidus in your dog’s food, in this way you will reinforce its flora bacterial
- Another good option to treat diarrhea is carob powder. Mix this substance with water in equal parts and give your dog one or two tablespoons between 2 and 4 times a day. This remedy can be given as much for 3 days.
- Ground garlic is also one of the best home remedies for diarrhea in dogs. You can give your animal as much half a spoonful of garlic powder between 1 and 3 times per day for a maximum period of 3 or 4 days. If you do not take it, mix it with a little food.
- Apart from garlic, you can use red elm capsules so that your dog can recover from colitis, the amount will depend on the size of your pet. A small dog can take half a capsule twice a day, a medium dog can take one capsule twice a day, while large dogs can double the dose with 2 capsules a couple of times per day.
- When your dog has diarrhea you must take into account certain guidelines so that it recovers as soon as possible, and it is important to know how to feed your dog once it has overcome the colitis. You can give pumpkin since it has a lot of fiber and will help regulate intestinal transit.
- Try to give natural pumpkin mixed with your food, a good option is to mix with white rice. In this phase of your recovery, you must give soft foods, rice is an essential basic. When you improve a bit you can add even boiled chicken, so you will help your digestion is lighter and hydrate well.
- One of the most important guidelines is that little by little you return to your dog’s normal diet. You cannot feed a dog that has gone through diarrhea as you did before because your stomach will be very sensitive.
- With caution and patience, he introduces his old food mixed with white rice. Once this condition is overcome, the best advice we can give you is to be cautious. To prevent diarrhea it is best to always give the same to eat unless for some special need your veterinarian recommends that you make changes.
- When you introduce dietary changes you cause your digestive system to be altered and have difficulty functioning, which could cause more liquid stools.
- When you must make changes in your diet. They should always be gradual and mixing little by little with your current food. Another important recommendation so that your dog does not have diarrhea is that you do not give him fat food. Do not make the mistake of giving your dog human food. That is full of fats that are not suitable for the good health of your pet.
- This article is informative. In Dogsfud we do not have the power to prescribe any veterinary treatment or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to take your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home Remedies for diarrhea in dogs. We recommend you to check our complete site to know more details. Keep Visiting Our dogfud Site for lot more articles